Today, we moved from the first floor to the fourth floor in the hospital. It was pretty hectic. Finally, I can sit back and relax for a while. Posting a current shot of my EEE. I have only my EEE machine with me at the hospital. It is powered by OpenBSD 5.1 and ScrotWM is the window manager. The machine is brilliant and OpenBSD just flies on this nifty box. I have had no problems whatsoever with upgrades. Started out with OpenBSD 4.5 and now it is the latest 5.1. No reinstalls, just simple upgrades and some minor hacks here and there.
As far as the details of the shot goes, the font is still Dina medium and bold, pixelsize 15. Colors are gentoo colors. If any other information is needed, please drop a note.
Now, to the screenshot. As usual, click on the image for full view.
Here is another screenshot of my EEE 1000H. Of course it is powered by FreeBSD 7.2 Stable. Except for wireless, almost all the features that I need work. Hotkeys, and most importantly, the monitor switching works fine.
I have no use for the camera and bluetooth, so it’s something that I am not interested in. I still havent had the time to work on the wireless. Of course one could use ndisgen to build the ralink 2860 driver from the Windows driver, but so far there are some performance issues it seems from what I have read in many FreeBSD forums. But on the BSD front in general, its great that OpenBSD has support for this chip. Also since I am on a wired network in my office, its no big deal.
Anyway here is the current screenshot from my EEE. Colors are a little bit different, and the window manager is as usual EvilWM. Another major difference is, now I have a linear conky, instead of the sticker, with the same info. Thought it went well in transparent mode with this wallpaper. For people who are interested in this totally unobtrusive wallpapaer, just go back a few posts, and you can fin the link for the wallpaper.
By the way I am planning to move all my configs over to github over the weekend, since dotfiles has gone bust, atleast now. Now lets get to the screenshot. Click on the image for full view.
As I had mentioned earlier, my EEE 1000H is powered by FreeBSD 7.2 and so far it has been good. Still haven’t had the proper time to workon the wireless, but so far have got most of my acpi scripts working, so its great. Anyway I am posting another EvilWM screenshot on this Beastie powered toy. Click on the picture for full view.
I am currently in the process of customizing and tweaking my FreeBSD 7.2 setup on my EEE PC 1000H. Did away with Fluxbox, and in comes EvilWM. Keeping it as minimal as possible. Currently working on the acpi scripts to get most of the hotkeys working. Hopefully, it should be done by this weekend. Also want to try out the wireless thing just for fun. It must be a big challenge though.
Anyway here is a new screenshot of FreeBSD 7.2 in action on my EEE.
A couple of days ago I decided to try out the latest 7.2 FreeBSD release. So it was time to spice up my test box, my EEE PC 1000H. Install went fine, and obviously the ethernet card detected fine, and X got the resolution right as well. I had to add the EmptyInput entry in my xorg.conf to make my keyboard and touchpad responsive.
Wireless obviously doesn’t work, since there is no support for the Ralink 2860 chipset, but it was not so important for me. My other main Lenovo laptop is what I primarily use to do work related stuff, and it runs Lunar with wireless working perfectly. So whenever I am lazy and wanna work in my bed, its no problem.
Anyway I have a minimal FreeBSD setup on this little machine, and use dwm, evilwm, and fluxbox. mc takes care of file operations, and firefox3 and opera take care of browsing needs. Webcam doesn’t work, but I don’t have any use for that. So its definitely not a deal breaker. If ethernet hadn’t worked, I wouldn’t have tried further. But thats not the case, thankfully.
So here is a screenshot of FreeBSD7.2 in action on my EEE. The screenshot shows dwm 5.5 and Fluxbox in action. Akira for the win by the way.
Nothing much, just thought of posting a screenshot of my EEE Pc in action. As I had mentioned in some of my earlier posts, I have a very barebone EEE setup. Obviously it runs Lunar Linux, and there are no window managers installed. I have dwm, and evilwm as my primary wm’s, and just now compiled fluxbox, just because I am a huge fluxbox fan, and tend to use it from time to time. But most of the time I just code and don’t get out of the console, and when its not so important, elinks takes care of my browsing efforts. So during such days all I use it the tty console, with framebuffer enabled. That gives me a lot of screen real estate, and dvtm, gives me a great way to utilize the space. I have to try out the vertical patch fro screen by the way, may be over the weekend. Terminus comes to the rescue as far as the console font is concerned. I do like the default console font, but I am more used to terminus. Anyway here is a screenshot of my framebuffer on my EEE Pc. It runs on the latest stable kernel 22.214.171.124, compiled with framebuffer support. Of course I haven’t played around with 915resolution yet to get the right resolution. But 800×600 is so much better than the boring console without framebuffer. So comment on the screenshot. Click on it for full view.